Thanks for pledging! - Share this with your friends
Thank you for your pledge! We'll be in touch once the campaign meets its goal, and again when it closes, so you know we'll be charging your card.
Help Charlie represent New Zealand in Europe... as a football referee!
I want to embed this project somewhere
0 people pledged
NZ$4,000 minimum target
Pledges will only be confirmed if the target is reached by: 04/06/2016 at 10:00 AM (NZST)Make a Pledge
Help Charlie Represent New Zealand In Europe... As A Football Referee!
Project 2016-04-11 23:08:21 +1200
My name is Charlie Tseng from Auckland. I have been a football addict since I was 12. I love watching and playing football, but I would never be good enough to play professionally or make the All Whites squad.
6 years ago, I decided to give refereeing a go. In this short period of time, I have achieved things that I would never achieved as a player:
- Refereed several finals in NZ: ACFC U-17, NZ Secondary School Premier Tournament, Auckland School KO Cup Final, Napier U19 Final, etc.
- Represented Auckland Football Federation and New Zealand overseas: Kanga Cup in Australia and Beijing International Youth Tournament in China
- Appointed to the ASB National Youth League and ASB Premiership - top youth and men's competition in New Zealand
The next step in my referee milestone is to referee in Europe. Thanks to Tournament Aboard (www.refereeabroad.com) I have been accepted to referee at three world-class tournaments in Europe this June and July:
1. Ibercup Costa Del Sol in Spain (www.ibercup.com)
2. Paris World Cup in France (www.parisworldcup.com)
3. Helsinki Cup in Finland (www.helsinkicup.fi)
These tournaments will be participated by hundreds of teams from all over the globe, including professional clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City and SL Benfica!
These tournaments will be very valuable towards my personal development as a referee because:
- The teams at the tournaments are likely to play higher quality football than NZ teams
- Dealing with players from different countries speaking different languages
- Working with foreign referees
- Being assessed by top UEFA assessors who are currently assessing referees at international level in Europe
People often criticise referees on the sideline, we referees want to do better too, and this is your chance to help me improve as a referee.
Hey! Thanks for checking out this project.
We haven't made any updates yet, follow us if you want to be notified when we do.