Thanks for pledging! - Share this with your friends
Thank you for your pledge! We'll be in touch once the campaign meets its goal, and again when it closes, so you know we'll be charging your card.
Youth Voice to UNCCC
I want to embed this project somewhere
NZ $3,069 pledged
48 people pledged
NZ $3,000 minimum target
Pledges will only be confirmed if the target is reached by: 06/10/2012 at 11:00 PM (NZDT)Make a Pledge
Youth Voice To Unccc
Project 2012-08-31 02:58:29 +1200
Our Youth need a voice at this year’s UN Climate Change Conference to ensure we have an Aotearoa we want to inherit. Support me to attend this Conference in Qatar as 1 of 5 NZ Youth Delegates invited to represent NZ. This trip is entirely self funded and helps me achieve my dream of empowering youth and creating a strong and positive future for all. Please support me in making this amazing opportunity happen, Cheers!
Youth make up around 30% of the worlds population and it is so important that our voice is heard at these negotiations. This enables us to have a say on the future we are about to inherit and be part of creating strong positive changes! Growing up in Auckland and now living in Queenstown, I have been passionately involved in youth and climate change issues for many years (more info in my 'profile'), and I am excited to be given this once in a lifetime opportunity to create change in NZ and on an international level.
Getting to Qatar enables me to...
- Represent a strong and diverse voice from youth in NZ
- Connect and share knowledge with youth from around the world
- Use my knowledge to inspire and inform youth locally (Queenstown) and nationally.
- Learn new skills to carry on working in sustainable community development in NZ
- Give presentations at the local Youth Leadership Programme, High Schools and Community Support Centre, as well as working with national youth environmental organisations.
- Celebrate and share the many great projects happening in Aotearoa,
- Engage with government delegates to influence international climate change negotiations
- Give my supporters awesome rewards!!
10/10/2012 at 5:07 AM