Thanks for pledging! - Share this with your friends
Thank you for your pledge! We'll be in touch once the campaign meets its goal, and again when it closes, so you know we'll be charging your card.
By Vanessa Vogt
I want to embed this project somewhere
NZ $730 pledged
10 people pledged
NZ $6,000 minimum target
Pledges will only be confirmed if the target is reached by: 09/09/2012 at 10:00 PM (NZST)Make a Pledge
Project 2012-07-25 06:49:11 +1200
Northland has no indoor bouldering (climbing without ropes and harnesses, on low walls that allow you to jump off, onto mats). Our plan is to change that! We are planning to build a wall here in Whangarei.
To build a small wall here in Whangarei, we need about 10k. We've done some pretty detailed research and we know it has to be small but good, in order to survive.
Here are some of the benefits and facts:
- Bouldering means short, technical climbs where you don't use harness or rope, just jump off, onto mats. It's no more dangerous than rugby of hockey, probably less so.
- Only a few towns/cities in NZ have an indoor bouldering venue.
- it would be a new sport for the area & a place for adventurous folks to meet other likeminded people.
- A new (trending) sport for the area,
- Something cool for young and old to get into,
- Being one of only few towns/cities in NZ who have their own venue,
- A place for sporty and adventurous people to meet other, likeminded people
- Being a cool town that supports innovative ideas and initiatives
- By nature (pun intended) climbers love the outdoors, which in turn carries inherently a desire to preserve it, so by fostering climbers, you help to create a generation of young who will learn to value and look after the environment.
- supporting two brave people trying to get a new venture going, in not too easy times.
We are looking for organisations who would like to work alongside us too. Do you want to teach yoga, martial arts or pole dancing, let us know, we have space to rent out.
About 200m2 climbable space is our aim, the venue will not be staffed (unless it is doing much better than we are forecasting) but run as a membership based club.
For those that don"t want to become members, we will have a couple of "open nights" each week, as well as "open days" on the weekend, where anyone can come and climb for a few dollars and supervision will be provided.
Please watch our video to find out more.
Free Entry for any pledge, for first month
15/08/2012 at 8:17 AM